Postdoctoral researchers and higher degree by research (HDR) students (PhD, Masters and Honours) are welcome to our laboratory.
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest (EOI) to Dr Muhammad J. A. Shiddiky (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) containing:
- Statement addressing your suitability for the project/scholarship. Strategic alignment of your project with our existing and emerging research activities (Please check our recent publications )
- Your direct knowledge to successfully conduct the proposed research project in a timely manner, and evidence of the ‘fit’ between your knowledge and proposed research topic
- A brief CV containing full list of publications and citations
- A research proposal
- Two references
We are always keen to recruit top quality PhD students! PhD opportunities with dedicated scholarships associated with particular grants and university-funded scholarships are available each year, both to domestic and international students.
- Scholarships are open to domestic and international applicants
- The student’s research and academic background might be in one or more of Analytical Chemistry, Chemical engineering, Nanotechnology, Microfluidics, Microfabrication, and Life science disciplines
- For domestic students: Applicants must have completed, or expect to complete, a bachelors degree with honours equivalent to first class and be intending to enrol full-time in an approved doctoral program
- For an international student: Applicant should have completed masters and honours degrees with very strong academic and research background. S/he likely to have an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or above with a minimum of 6.0 score in each band. S/he is also expected to have at one research article in high impact journal of the field
- New and/or current HDR candidates may apply
A number of masters and honours projects aiming to develop portable methods and devices for the detection of various diseases including cancer, infectious disease and other disease states.
Postdoctoral opportunities arise from time to time e.g. via a Griffith University Postdoctoral Fellowship. We are also keen to support talented early-career researchers who already acquired a fellowship from ARC and NHMRC to come to our lab as a postdoc to flourish his/her career.
- PhD holders in Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Nanotechnology, Microfluidics, Microfabrication, Biomedical Engineering, Medical Biophysics or a related discipline are sought for project focused on ultrasensitive biosensing methods and point-of-care (POC) devices.
- Experience in microfluidics, electrochemistry, molecular diagnostics, biosensing, or nanofabrication is required, along with evidence of prior productivity and high-impact publications. He/she will work with a highly interdisciplinary team of chemists, engineers, biochemists, biologists, and clinicians to achieve this goal.